Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Reminders to Myself

Well, I'm back again. After some careful consideration, I decided to keep going with this blog. I realized it would be a great way to hold my memories of situations and events in case I ever need to bring them up for some situations. I recently had an interview for an internship with Liberty Mutual a little over a week ago, and I did terrible in it. I could not recall situations that would answer the questions that were asked. A few days I ago, I got an email saying I didn't pass the interview. I was expecting it, but I still felt pretty down. With some sort of diary, I can at least have an idea of what I should say for situations like these.

I suppose I can start from earlier highlights in the past week and move through to current events. On February 27 I finished putting up most of the prints I bought from Katsucon on my wall. I felt pretty satisfied by it, but it's definitely going to be a pain to take all of them down when I eventually move elsewhere. I hereby declare this my Weeb Wall.




The rest of these last few days consisted of studying for my exams this week, one of which I finished  today. I'm gonna need to actually start doing the readings so I can do well in class. The last exam will be on Thursday. However, my friend Naya told me there's gonna be some snowfall Thursday morning that will last till noon. I wonder if the exam will be postponed.....again? Another friend Kenji reminded me of the time our little circle of friends went to the Guam public library to help out with reading to little kids and stuff. I'm going to assume that it was for community service. I also gotta recall situations where I explained difficult concepts to people, which I couldn't do during the interview. I remember trying to explain to my roommate Mauricio how building computers (actually just assembling from parts) is easy and is like putting together a puzzle. Once you know where all the pieces fit, it's an easy process. Another time was when I was explaining to Colin the concept of net neutrality, and how without net neutrality, ISPs can regulate Internet speeds and bandwidth for specific services (this was the gist of it). I think he was able to understand by the end of my explanation.

In the Facebook chat Anime Friday (which changes names literally every single day), the members started talking about top ecchi animes that border on hentai. Yosuga no Sora eventually becomes the focus, and now everyone is just talking about it. It's apparently a wincest anime where in the first episode, ***SPOILER*** the sister bangs his brother, but it turns out it was just her imagination. ***END SPOILER*** The chat is ongoing while I am writing this sentence. Unfortunately, I now want to watch this anime just to satisfy my curiosity.

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster for the PS4 has been announced, which really irks me since I bought the collector's edition for PS3 last year. I'm considering selling it since I don't think I'll play it anytime soon, and the selling price is just gonna keep dropping. Since I've already played FFX in the PS2 days, I don't think I'll pick up the PS4 one either. Who knows? It might even get ported to PC like the FFXIII series did.

I suppose that's it for now. This entry was pretty lengthy, but I guess it's because some of it was just catching up.


No comments:

Post a Comment