Saturday, March 21, 2015

Last Few Days of Spring Break

These last two days have been pretty fun. On Thursday Wavlet and Kaitlyn came over to chill at my place, and we just watched this movie called Appleseed Alpha. I also got to play the Final Fantasy 15 demo for the first time, which was pretty gorgeous. The demo suffered from framerate issues whenever I did special moves so I hope Square Enix fixes that in the final product.

On Friday Justin, Wavelet, Mark, Kaitlyn, and I went to DC to hang out. We first went to this burrito place for lunch, and I made some pretty bad mistakes there. I ordered a Korean BBQ burrito, which didn't taste that good. I sprinkled some of Dave's Insanity hot sauce on it, which was my second mistake. It was painfully spicy to the point where I teared up and I had to sniffle after every word. The area around my mouth was just red because of how spicy it was. I couldn't even finish my burrito in the end because I ate something prior to going to DC. Next we went to this tea place and relaxed there for a few hours sipping on some nice tea. I drank the Tie Guanyin oolong tea and the Golden Dragon black tea, both of which were pretty nice. Afterwards, we rode the metro to this other part in DC and tried out a nearby cafe. I ordered a Peruvian decaf, which tasted pretty nice. I've been trying to get used to drinking coffee black, which can taste pretty bad if the coffee wasn't made that well. The cafe was pretty huge and was essentially a marketplace for various things. I saw dessert stands, kitchen knife stalls, kitchen utensil stores, butcheries, and dessert stalls. It was pretty impressive. Afterwards, we walked to this ramen place called Toki Underground, which was essentially a big part of why we came to DC in the first place. When we got there though, we found that the place was packed, and that we had to wait two hours to get a seat for the five of us. We decided to hit the bar-arcade next door, which was the big reason for why we came. Unfortunately, it was disappointingly small. A bunch of the cabinets didn't even work properly. The bar area itself was pretty small too. Mark and I spent most of the time fighting each other in Street Fighter II until we were notified of open seating. We went back and ordered our food. I got the curry ramen to see how it compares to Guam's Fuji Ichiban curry ramen. I was a bit disappointed. For a restaurant that was somewhat hidden from view and small, I was expecting really good ramen. I would even dare to say that Guam's curry ramen was tastier than the one I ate that day. I suppose I shouldn't expect much, and it's not like we have many options here anyways. We decided to head back since it was getting pretty late already. We went back to Mark's apartment and relaxed there for a few hours. We watched Miyazaki's The Wind Rises, which was really great. I quite enjoyed the bittersweet romance that was in it. The constant time lapses kind of tripped me up, but the movie was excellent overall. I went back home afterwards. Thus ends my eventful Friday.

It's Saturday today, and I feel like I've done nothing productive. I originally wanted to do the assignments that I thought were due after Spring Break, but it turns out that there really wasn't anything due soon. I suppose that's why I got lazy today. I really need to step up my academic game though. My financial situation is in the danger zone, and I need to find as much financial aid I can for next academic year. Having the video chat with my parents tonight really made me realize how hard they're working for me despite their age, and I need to work as hard if not harder to make sure they're not burdened. I keep saying this, but I can never seem to motivate myself long enough to carry through with actions, and I hate myself for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment